Wednesday, September 10, 2008

How much?!

Yesterday was a good day. EA fixed my colleagues and I up with a copy of the new Tiger Woods (comments coming your way over the next few days), then a little voice told me at lunchtime that Morrisons supermarket here in the UK are selling the latest 360, PS3 and DS games for £25. That's NEW RELEASES people. Not copies of Halo 3 in the bargain bin, but new stuff like Mercenaries 2.
Suddenly Morrisons are my new favourite supermarket. For those of you who care I use Tesco online delivery as I have a baby to look after and don't have the time to get trolley rage on a Saturday afternoon in Peterborough. I'd rather be out in the fresh air having fun with my family, thank you very much.
Sorry, I digress. Morrisons have done a wonderful, wonderful thing doing this with the latest releases. I don't think even play.com can compete. But can they sustain it. Will they be doing the same when Banjo-Kazooie and Gears of War 2 rock up in time for Christmas? We'll have to wait and see. But if everyone follows suit then that can only be a good thing for the consumer.

No comments: