Thursday, April 03, 2008

Rebirth of a classic

As much as I'd love to say that Nintendo Official Magazine is going to return to its roots with the guys I worked with, I'd be lying. As much as myself and an old colleague would love to do it, it's just a daydream that will probably never happen.
But what I do know is that Computer and Video Games magazine, CVG for short, is returning to newsagents later this month. The first issue, dedicated to the Grand Theft Auto series, will cost a fiver and is brought to you by Future. Is Yob going to do the letters pages? Hope so.
In my land of gaming, Call of Duty 4 took a back seat last night as Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy got some playtime. I'm not a massive Star Wars fan, but had heard a lot about its tongue-in-cheek humour. So far I'm having a great time, slicing up Lego Stormtroopers with a lightsaber and using The Force to overcome some particularly difficult puzzles, even for a thirtysomething like me.
There are now some quality new Tees over at http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif. Check out the Hotty Tee!
Outside gaming, I've been sucked into the fantasy world of Amelia Maylock, written by an old schoolmate called Jason Ellis. Empire Magazine is still keeping me enthralled with their Indiana Jones coverage, as has this book about pop bible, Smash Hits.
Other than that, my world is taken up by my 11-month-old son, Harry. Please post any fatherhood blogs you might be know about…

1 comment:

David Kohl said...

Why not do a blog/website/online version of ONM, or even something new...

You could even do something for Disposable Media (www.disposablemedia.co.uk)!

Not sure how CVG Presents will be any different from the Edge special editions they did...to make it really good they need to bring back the Paul Davies era team...