Tuesday, April 15, 2008

TV Times

For once I'm not going to rant about games. It's time to rant about that box-in-the-corner. Hello TV, nice to see you again. Reasons being? I've just seen Empire's Top 50 TV shows of all-time.
Now, I won't spoil the No.1 for you, but quite how Empire can rate the likes of ER, Family Guy, 24 and even the classic Quantum Leap below Buffy The Vampire Slayer is beyond me.
It gets some things right, and I'm heading off to my living room for some Family Guy viewing in a sec instead of the virgin viewing of Carlito's Way that I had in mind. But there are so many great programmes that didn't get a sniff – The Day Today, This Life, to name a few that have just popped into my head.
Have a guess on the No.1. You probably know what it is already. It's not Thundercats by the way.

2 comments:

David Kohl said...

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Although I preferred the darker Angel spin-off, Buffy was consistently well written and enjoyable - and it translated across the pond far better than a lot of the Family Guy injokes (Stewie and Brian are beyond reproach!)

Quantum Leap was OK, but have you seen it recently? It's like stumbling across some of the other series from my childhood on Freeview - Dempsey and Makepeace for example! It just feels incredibly, incredibly slow and naive...

I'm with you on The Day Today and This Life...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.